11 Affirmations To Help You Dominate The Second Half of 2018
The second half of 2018 has begun. Every year it feels like I blink and February turns into July. I'll blink again and I'll already be rushing to buy people Christmas gifts because I waited too long to order everything online.
Whether your year has been flying by or inching along, you still have a lot of time to make things happen before the next year rolls around. The mentality that you choose to feed into is going to play a hue role in determining how much you actually get done.
I took the time to write out a few sentiments that I'm choosing to believe - sentiments that will help me to approach the rest of this year the *right* way. I hope they help you, too.
1. “The mistakes that I’ve made this year will not define my trajectory. They’ve taught me valuable lessons that I will use to engineer bigger wins in the coming months.”
2. “I will not be a prisoner to my past. I’m not defined by what’s already occurred. I don’t have to wait on change to come because I have the ability to spark it. I will be the catalyst.”
3. “Paying attention to the habits that I faithfully sustain will show me where I am headed. I can shape those habits to serve as building blocks that lead me towards my goals.”
4. “There is no external source of validation that outweighs my truth. No one is better equipped to guide me towards the goals that I’ve set for myself than I am. I own my power.”
5. “I recognize that I’ve been blessed with the power to create something out of nothing. I understand that I was given this ability for a specific reason. I embrace my gifts and their ability to make the world a better place.”
6. “I’m never going to chase perfection. My flaws are some of the most important parts of my story.”
7. “Comparisons can help me to learn from different perspectives and methodologies, but they will not become a standard for how I evaluate my own progress.”
8. “I am powerful when I choose to believe in myself. There will be days where I question everything, but I will continue to center myself by reminding myself that I’m more than good enough.”
9. “I won’t allow anyone or anything to devalue my work, my message, or my principles.”
10. “Discomfort is a requirement for growth, but self-inflicted suffering is a detriment to the mission. Giving myself time and space to recover is part of the work.”
11. “On my momma. On my hood. I look fly. I look good.”
I WROTE YOU A 33-PAGE E-BOOK THAT WILL TELL YOU A BIT MORE ABOUT ME + HELP YOU TO ACHIEVE SOCIAL MEDIA SUCCESS ON YOUR OWN TERMS.
THE BOOK INCLUDES...
1. My personal story of overcoming stagnation and breaking rules en route to finding my own path to success as a social entrepreneur and cultural curator.
2. Five tenets of a mentality that will engineer long term social media success without sacrificing individuality.
3. Six bonus worksheets that will allow you to act immediately on the principles that are outlined as you refine your current strategy.
4. Five business affirmations that will equip you to push past doubts and win on your own terms.